OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for your advice. I am glad to be a member. I appreciate your help. I love the my new hobby. It can be a challenge and I have learned a lot .

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the nem? looking good for such a young tank!

Welcome! Oh, Brain looks healthy!
Thank you for your comments.I have had the nem for two months. I have worked extremely hard on the tank. water changes, constant testing water parameter, scrapping algae among other things. I have lost a few items. But I am hanging in there.

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you for your comments.I have had the nem for two months. I have worked extremely hard on the tank. water changes, constant testing water parameter, scrapping algae among other things. I have lost a few items. But I am hanging in there.

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R - your going to love the hobby and R2R. I've owned a couple of brains over the years and that one looks perfectly fine. LPS don't often put out tentacles in the daytime and that brain will have rather short ones around small oral disks when it does. With respect to feeding, small suspended particulate food such as the Kent or Brightwell products are fine. Might checkout the RedSea reef energy stuff and or ReefRoids as well. However, if your not testing for N03 and P04 you might be causing a problem when feeding. So if that were my tank I would test and do so often. With respect to the PolyFilter stuff I would skip all of that and purchase a media reactor, some quality carbon and some GFO. Media reactors are efficient, tried and true. I've been using one of these reactors for many years (as do many, many reefers) and think they work great.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-gfo-carbon-dual-reactor.html

If you run into a jam just ask - there are a great deal of very knowledgeable and experienced reefers here who are more than willing to help out.
Yes, I test the water parameters every week sometimes 3 -4 times a week. I am so glad to be a member. Thank you

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes, I test the water parameters every week sometimes 3 -4 times a week. I am so glad to be a member. Thank you
Question: Have you owned a bubble coral and if so what did you feed it. Mine has it little tentalces out tonight but all I did is drop a few drops of Kent Marine on it. I hope that it is getting enought to eat.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can feed your bubble a "little" bit no big stuff. Maybe some mysis or" small" pieces of some other meaty food. I learned that with my bubble coral.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back