Hello! Newbie to the salty stuff

Welcome. You’re going to have lots of fun here

1592524403118.gif
 
Hello all!

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Adrienne and I'm brand spankin' new to the saltwater aquarium. :) I just set up a 40 gallon to start cycling. My other creatures are two dogs, one cat, and a betta fish.

I do have some experience with freshwater, but it's only a bit. I became obsessed with bettas at a young age - I think I was around 11 years old. And then I decided to breed them. Which was a challenge with a small budget and only my bedroom to have them in. But! It was very fun, a great learning experience, and I succeeded. Had to sell them when we moved. I also had a goldfish tank for a few years. I honestly don't remember much... I guess being a teenager and schooling got in the way.

I always dreamed of having a saltwater tank. However, with school, no budget for it, apartment living, and lots more school... it was never the right time.

Until now! No time like the present. Super excited and I am looking forward to learning and watching the tank evolve and grow.

First goal is to keep the fish alive and healthy and the water stable!

Adrienne
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Adrienne. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 
Welcome to the R2R community and we’re glad you joined us !
 
Welcome! If you've already started your 40 gallon, you ought to start a build thread - everyone I've seen on here will give you encouragement and advice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new