Hello! Question about my pink bar goby.

DoomervilleG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a goby that has been in the tank about 2 months now, he is doing wonderful. We added a Candy Cane pistol, and they paired up immediately. However, today as I watching my pistol dig tunnels and the goby hanging out outside, I noticed what I thought was my eyes playing tricks on me. I haven't been able to really find any information about it anywhere, so I want to see if anyone has any experience with this particular species of goby, but as the pistol comes out of the burrow to move sand, there appears to be a spot on the gobies tail that is blinking...green/yellow. Almost as similiar to an angler's lure. It only happens when the pistol comes out of the burrow.

I've tried to get a video, but I've had issues with my phone picking it up. I am just curious if anyone else has noticed this with theirs, or another species of goby? When I grab a video here, hopefully when the tank lights dim a bit, I'll post that.

OP
OP
DoomervilleG

DoomervilleG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to figure it out - hah, apparently my daughter (6) has been trying to feed the fishies while Dad is at work, and at some point..it was a tiny little sparkle that had gotten stuck to our gobies tail. The light was hitting it just right that all I'd see was the reflection - it was green, hah!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to figure it out - hah, apparently my daughter (6) has been trying to feed the fishies while Dad is at work, and at some point..it was a tiny little sparkle that had gotten stuck to our gobies tail. The light was hitting it just right that all I'd see was the reflection - it was green, hah!
ROFL

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back