Hello R2R!

  • Thread starter Thread starter TechGuy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TechGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2010
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Location
Everett, WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After months of reading books and doing online research I have taken the plunge into saltwater aquaria.

Living in a apartment limits my options so I have gone the route of a nano tank. My setup is a JBJ 28g CF Quad Nanocube. The only mods/additions so far is a custom media rack. Planned mods/additions are:

HOB refugium
ATO setup
Vortech MP10

At this point the tank is cycling (ammonia has been at .50ppm for 2 days, Nitrite and Nitrate at 0).

I am looking forward to reading the various topics on the forums and getting to know everyone.
 
Welcome - you will find a wealth of knowledge here - don't hesitate to ask questions. And don't think there are stupid questions...trust me, we've ALL made stupid mistakes - hopefully you can learn from ours...lol
 
Thank you Soccerbag and Azurel! Everyone here seems very friendly and welcoming. I'm sure I will have my share of questions to post (possibly some stupid ones thrown in for good measure) :wink:
 
Welcome to R2R!
 
Thats a Great setup to start with!! you are doing great!! Feel free to ask anything that you might need help with... Welcome to r2r!!
 
welcome 2 R2R, after the cycle start adding some pics, even a tank build thread to show your progress,
 
Thank you sexycorals and sprinklerdudes! I just checked and the ammonia is in a downward trend (currently at .25ppm) while the Nitrites and Nitrates are still at 0. After the cycle I will be adding plenty of photos in a tank build thread.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new