Hello R2R!

TechGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After months of reading books and doing online research I have taken the plunge into saltwater aquaria.

Living in a apartment limits my options so I have gone the route of a nano tank. My setup is a JBJ 28g CF Quad Nanocube. The only mods/additions so far is a custom media rack. Planned mods/additions are:

HOB refugium
ATO setup
Vortech MP10

At this point the tank is cycling (ammonia has been at .50ppm for 2 days, Nitrite and Nitrate at 0).

I am looking forward to reading the various topics on the forums and getting to know everyone.

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome - you will find a wealth of knowledge here - don't hesitate to ask questions. And don't think there are stupid questions...trust me, we've ALL made stupid mistakes - hopefully you can learn from ours...lol

OP
OP
TechGuy

TechGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Soccerbag and Azurel! Everyone here seems very friendly and welcoming. I'm sure I will have my share of questions to post (possibly some stupid ones thrown in for good measure) :wink:

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a Great setup to start with!! you are doing great!! Feel free to ask anything that you might need help with... Welcome to r2r!!

OP
OP
TechGuy

TechGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sexycorals and sprinklerdudes! I just checked and the ammonia is in a downward trend (currently at .25ppm) while the Nitrites and Nitrates are still at 0. After the cycle I will be adding plenty of photos in a tank build thread.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back