Hello Reefers. Allow me to introduce myself.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1A-You'll fit right in 2.jpg

JohnNYC8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been out of the hobby for more than 15 years after a catastrophe struck my 75 gallon tank. Much has changed! LED lights. Schedules. DC pumps. Filter rollers! I have been avidly working on my new tank for the last 3 months including planning, compiling, assembling and learning along the way. I am especially happy with my own personally created aquascape. That was fun.

I read we are encouraged to start a build thread or something? Where do I do that?

Also, my tank appears to be cycling. I added a little oscillaris who seems happy. Ammonia and nitrates remaining zero. Getting poised to start introducing a few more critters. Is there a consensus on best, most reputable salt fish and invert online retailers among the hobbyists in here?

Look forward to many years of co-hobby-ing with you all.

IMG_3876.jpeg IMG_3872.jpeg

Welcome! @Dr. Reef drreefsquarantinedfish.com is a great place to buy livestock from

Buckster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and Welcome back to the hobby and R2R! Make sure you only put in two cleaner shrimp. I found out the hard way. I had 7 in my 180 for months and then all of a sudden they started to die off. I have two left. I read in an article that they will kill each other until two remain.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back