Hello Reefers.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I've just recently returned to the hobby after about a 15 year hiatus. Am loving all the great new gear, esp. the lighting. I have (re)started with an Aquatop Recife ECO 40, had it up now for close to 2 months, Setup with quite a bit of live sand and dry rock, fighting a small diatom bloom that I got from my original water mix. (Have since moved to buying RODI water, and Sea Water from my LFS) My current livestock: (In order of addition)

(2) Ocellaris Clown
(1) Cleaner Shrimp
(1) Featherduster
(2) Blue Legged Hermit Crabs
(1) Emerald Crab
(1) Zoanthid Colony
(1) Green Hairy Mushroom
(2) Turbo snails (Helping out with Diatom)
(1) GSP Coral (Sold as, but pretty sure it's not, and can't seem to chase it down)
(1) Purple Firefish
(1) Hollywood Chalice

Current photo.

Aquarium.jpg

Unidentified Coral: (Foreground)

MysteryCoral.jpg

Any suggestions to identity would be appreciated.

Also, a quick shout out to @Neffly4u which is how I found this website, as I went looking for a better inlet solution for the aquatop, Neffly created a very cool add-on that is working really well for me.

Aquatop 40 Recife AIO media basket

Cheers!

Mike
Hi Mike! Welcome and Welcome back to hobby!

Nice looking tank! Glad you joined

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Above you seem to already have enough info, just need to copy it over into the Forum Member Aquariums and start thread there. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, in a few hours afterwards they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

OP
OP
mshaw

mshaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it! As well as the photobomb from the clown haha. Curious. Why does the handle poke out so far in the back??
Hey Neffly....mine has something (permanently) mounted in that inlet near the bottom, that won't allow the basket to drop all the way in. I thought it was going to be a dealbreaker for me but the water flow is still sufficient, so all is good...and BTW having the sock there is really helpful, Thanks!

Mike

OP
OP
mshaw

mshaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mike! Welcome and Welcome back to hobby!

Nice looking tank! Glad you joined

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Above you seem to already have enough info, just need to copy it over into the Forum Member Aquariums and start thread there. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, in a few hours afterwards they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I will. I actually spent a couple of hours yesterday going through @Billldg 's build.

Bills CDA 225 gal 72x30x24 tank upgrade/SPS Dream Tank!!!

Wow!!! what a great thread! and great job @Billldg for sharing the whole way.

Cheers!

Mike

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I've just recently returned to the hobby after about a 15 year hiatus. Am loving all the great new gear, esp. the lighting. I have (re)started with an Aquatop Recife ECO 40, had it up now for close to 2 months, Setup with quite a bit of live sand and dry rock, fighting a small diatom bloom that I got from my original water mix. (Have since moved to buying RODI water, and Sea Water from my LFS) My current livestock: (In order of addition)

(2) Ocellaris Clown
(1) Cleaner Shrimp
(1) Featherduster
(1) Emerald Crab
(1) Zoanthid Colony
(1) Green Hairy Mushroom
(1) GSP Coral (Sold as, but pretty sure it's not, and can't seem to chase it down)
(1) Purple Firefish
(1) Hollywood Chalice

Current photo.

Aquarium.jpg

MysteryCoral.jpg

Also, a quick shout out to @Neffly4u which is how I found this website, as I went looking for a better inlet solution for the aquatop, Neffly created a very cool add-on that is working really well for me.

Cheers!

Mike
Welcome!!!

Neffly4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Neffly....mine has something (permanently) mounted in that inlet near the bottom, that won't allow the basket to drop all the way in. I thought it was going to be a dealbreaker for me but the water flow is still sufficient, so all is good...and BTW having the sock there is really helpful, Thanks!

Mike
Can you take a picture of it? I'm curious what is different about your tank!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

(2) Ocellaris Clown
(1) Cleaner Shrimp
(1) Featherduster
(1) Emerald Crab
(1) Zoanthid Colony
(1) Green Hairy Mushroom
(1) Purple Firefish
(1) Hollywood Chalice

Current photo.

Aquarium.jpg

MysteryCoral.jpg

Cheers!

Mike

Attachments

• 70433.png
    70433.png
    57 KB · Views: 21

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

(2) Ocellaris Clown
(1) Cleaner Shrimp
(1) Featherduster
(1) Emerald Crab
(1) Zoanthid Colony
(1) Green Hairy Mushroom
(1) Purple Firefish
(1) Hollywood Chalice

Current photo.

Aquarium.jpg

MysteryCoral.jpg

Cheers!

Mike
Welcome to R2R.
really nice tanks
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back