Hello, time to start a new chapter!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Brooks! Sounds like an awesome project!! Looking forward to seeing it unfold.
Welcome to the salty family!!
GIF by Marriott Bonvoy

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to drop by and introduce myself. My name is Brooks and I have been aquarium free for close to 8 years. It seems like I have used every excuse as to why it was the wrong time to get back in and all the pieces just kinda fell into place and here I am about to jump back in the deep end. I am now the proud owner of 180 gallon box 60”Long x 24” wide x 30” tall with an internal weir. Even though the weir is on the back of the tank I plan to set it up kinda Peninsula style. There will be a support post behind the tank anyway that will line up with the overflow, but should still have plenty of viewing panels. I hope to start a build thread soon even though it may not be as high end or cool as some awesome tanks I have seen here, hopefully I can make entertaining.
Hi Brooks and Welcome!

Those other tanks you mention just started out sooner, but they all started where you are starting, though sounds like you are starting with nice equipment! Have you considered starting your build thread? Sounds like something I'll want to watch over time. That's what my build thread is for - a place for me to keep my tank's evolution. Plus once you start it, they'll give you a badge (look left, under my ID).

Glad you joined

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

OP
OP
SaltyinTennessee

SaltyinTennessee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Brooks and Welcome!

Those other tanks you mention just started out sooner, but they all started where you are starting, though sounds like you are starting with nice equipment! Have you considered starting your build thread? Sounds like something I'll want to watch over time. That's what my build thread is for - a place for me to keep my tank's evolution. Plus once you start it, they'll give you a badge (look left, under my ID).

Glad you joined
I will, I picked it up Monday and that is as far as I have made it. I will work on setting that up and getting more pictures and lay out the plan so far. First big step is to bleach old rock and start curing it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks, I imagine you have a Vette, what year, I have a white 1981. Ok back to salt stuff
Sold it 2 years ago. Was a 2003 anniversary. My daughter predicts ill have a new one when I get to Florida

vette1.jpg

Back