Hello to everyone

Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hey everyone!

I’ve been in the freshwater side of the hobby for about 10 years, with all the ups and downs that come with it. I did try saltwater once before with a 32-gallon setup, but that attempt didn’t go so well and I had to step away from it for a while.

Back in 2019, I came across a 180-gallon tank on Craigslist for just $500—couldn’t pass that up! I got back into freshwater with that setup and ran it for a while, but unfortunately, I experienced a major crash while on vacation last year. That experience pushed me to finally make the switch to saltwater—something I’ve wanted to do properly for a long time.

This time around, I’m taking things slow and doing everything I can to get it right from the start (though we all know this hobby is a journey no matter how prepared you are!). Between work and life, I’ve been setting things up over the past 6+ months, and it’s finally starting to take shape.

I’ve already learned a ton just by reading through the forums—this community has been incredibly helpful. Looking forward to sharing my progress soon and giving back whenever I can.

Cheers,
Jack
Welcome! I was in a similar situation with Freshwater but it’s been a blast so enjoy your stay and definitely make a Tank Thread ☺️
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new