Hello

Jamesfl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and the hobby but have been doing a lot of research with friends that have successful tanks and also else where on the internet. I currently have a 10 gallon nano with an AI Prime. My fish are sapphire damsel and kamohara blenny. I have 4 cheaper zoas, green ricordea, and an orange ricordia. I hope these survive as I just added them a week ago. I got all of them for around $30 just to see how well I can grow these before I invest in more expensive corals. I will be upgrading to a 40b in about a month or so after I move and drill it. Well I guess that's about it. I look forward to browsing the forums and learning as much as I can.

James

OP
OP
Jamesfl

Jamesfl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the welcome. It has been up since middle of November. I have been taking my time so far. I will not be adding anything else to this tank until my 40b is setup and cycled. I will then move everything form this tank to the 40b. I was hoping that my 40 would be setup sooner because Reefapalooza is next month in Orlando and I am sure I will want something haha, but I am going to do my best to just look and listen and not buy anything.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome2.jpg

OP
OP
Jamesfl

Jamesfl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Keep an eye on your elements, a 10 gallon tank can change very fast. Little bits at a time to be successful;)

welcom.jpg

Thank you for the welcome. Oh yeah, I found that out at the very beginning especially maintaining my salinity. I did not put any corals in until i could maintain my salinity at 1.025-1.026 and I top off every night and in the morning if needed. I am using reef crystals and just received my Red Sea test kit for calcium, mag, and alkalinity so will be testing those tonight.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 96 80.7%
  • Other.

Back