Hello!

Adrianna

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2020
Messages
68
Reaction score
238
Location
Schererville
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I'm Adrianna. I'm new to R2R. I heard about this website from watching the BRStv Youtube videos. I'm finishing up nursing school this semester (hopefully) and work at a local hospital that I will be a nurse at. I have a 6-gallon tank with a betta (Maui) and a 20-gallon freshwater tank with two goldfish (Noah & Charlie). I also have a dog named Chase. Ohh yeah, I guess I should tell you my boyfriend Alex. I love the ocean and want it in my house! So hopefully Alex and I will be working on getting a coral reef tank in our house starting July/August! The videos that I watch from BRStv are very helpful and took notes, but I know I will have more questions once I get started. I wanted to be part of this community when I heard of it. I heard about the coral show that I would love to go to one. I live really close to Chicago, so if there are any shows there that any of you know about, please let me know. Sorry my intro is so long, I love to talk :)
 
Welcome to R2R!!! There are a few great shows in Chicago so you're in luck - we’re glad you’re here!

Clownfish.gif
 
People are very friendly here! Super knowledgeable reefers! (Not me) any idea what size tank you might be looking for?
I want to go big. From watching the videos and from personal experience with my betta, I will just end up wanting bigger in the end and probably spend more money if I start with a smaller one. With that said, probably 120? What do you think and what do you have?
 
Hi everyone! I'm Adrianna. I'm new to R2R. I heard about this website from watching the BRStv Youtube videos. I'm finishing up nursing school this semester (hopefully) and work at a local hospital that I will be a nurse at. I have a 6-gallon tank with a betta (Maui) and a 20-gallon freshwater tank with two goldfish (Noah & Charlie). I also have a dog named Chase. Ohh yeah, I guess I should tell you my boyfriend Alex. I love the ocean and want it in my house! So hopefully Alex and I will be working on getting a coral reef tank in our house starting July/August! The videos that I watch from BRStv are very helpful and took notes, but I know I will have more questions once I get started. I wanted to be part of this community when I heard of it. I heard about the coral show that I would love to go to one. I live really close to Chicago, so if there are any shows there that any of you know about, please let me know. Sorry my intro is so long, I love to talk :)
Welcome to R2R! In October Reefapalooza will be on Chicago:)
 
I want to go big. From watching the videos and from personal experience with my betta, I will just end up wanting bigger in the end and probably spend more money if I start with a smaller one. With that said, probably 120? What do you think and what do you have?
I'm a nano girl, but I think 120 gives you tons of options!
 
I want to go big. From watching the videos and from personal experience with my betta, I will just end up wanting bigger in the end and probably spend more money if I start with a smaller one. With that said, probably 120? What do you think and what do you have?
Just remember that there is a significant cost when you go bigger. Not just the initial equipment, rock etc... but also regular maintenance items afterward.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new