Help…NP Bacto Balance wrong dosage

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you deliberately cut off the quote but from the same quote you posted a little further down it also states

Tropic Marin® NP-BACTO-BALANCE contains organic and inorganic nutrients.
I'm sorry not intentional. It was just a paragraph that populated the top of a search page.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would happen if you did the opposite? Took fleece roller offline and kept skimmer online?

I may just stop the BB and see how it goes. It was more of an experimental thing on a new system I started a year ago just to kinda play around with different methods. I have another tank with no skimmer and just filter sock and I had to dose nitrate in it this morning too. I have a third tank with skimmer skimming very dry but no socks and NO3 was 10 and PO4 0.9 today so maybe your into something now that I type this out (typing helps me process thoughts) Maybe skimmer as the only filtration is the ticket. Easy enough to try Thanks!

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's finding that right combination where you don't have to add more/additional nutrients because you're removing too much with filtration.

For my tank, I only run a skimmer. No floss or socks, just a coarse mesh in the overflows.

I may just stop the BB and see how it goes. It was more of an experimental thing on a new system I started a year ago just to kinda play around with different methods. I have another tank with no skimmer and just filter sock and I had to dose nitrate in it this morning too. I have a third tank with skimmer skimming very dry but no socks and NO3 was 10 and PO4 0.9 today so maybe your into something now that I type this out (typing helps me process thoughts) Maybe skimmer as the only filtration is the ticket. Easy enough to try Thanks!

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please see here on our homepage, scroll down a bit.

Our carbon dosing products do add mainly reduced nitrogen compounds, only little nitrate. You will rarely see rising nitrate concentrations when dosing NP-Bacto-Balance or Plus-NP, rather falling nitrate concentrations. Use corals and phosphate as indicators for nutrient supply.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back