Subarody

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Over the last few days I noticed my elkhorn montipora turning white on several branches starting near the centre of the frag. I saw a few tiny greyish something swaying in the flow, as a polyp would, at the line between the white and green tissue on one branch. I took it out and dipped in coral rx pro and found this (see attached microscope picture). Is it a nudibranch? flatworm? Anyone know what this could be and how to proceed so I don’t loose the entire coral or have it spread to my orange montipora cap, or other tiny elkhorn frag. They’ve been in the tank for almost a month and I dipped in coral rx pro before placing them in the display. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.
9CBEF6EC-5D4F-4FDE-84C0-27CC9FD4782C.jpeg
9CEF5E80-333E-4E8A-B70F-587685BB1A84.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
hi,sorry looks like monti eating nudi's ,dip does not kill eggs...:(
can manually help reduce by siphon w airline tubing /hard line into fine net ,back to sump,
use flashlight ,natural predators ,keep close night eye on all monti's.
believe can use chem, interceptor. but have never used.

OP
S

Subarody

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I was afraid I’d hear an answer like that. Thanks. I’ll search the threads and probably try dipping every 3-4 days for a couple of weeks. Corals like favia or chalice won’t be affected by these guys right?

fishguy242

Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I was afraid I’d hear an answer like that. Thanks. I’ll search the threads and probably try dipping every 3-4 days for a couple of weeks. Corals like favia or chalice won’t be affected by these guys right?
correct.

Corals.com
OP
S

Subarody

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
How is the dip process going?
So I've dipped the frag 3 times and used a scrub brush on the base to try and remove any eggs. I haven't noticed any new nudi's and the healthy tissue has not receded any more. It's been about 10 days since last dip and all appears calm for now. I think I'll keep a close eye and try to keep things stable in the tank. Hopefully the dead spots will regrow.

Your Reef