*HELP* Acanthophyllia not looking happy

208Reefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
12
Location
Boise
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 acanthophyllias, one looks very happy and the other doesn’t. I moved the unhappy one because it started losing color around the mouth so I was worried it was getting too much light. It’s been a few days since I moved it but now it’s not eating and the mouth is open from time to time. Upon further examination and doing an iodine dip I saw something in its mouth (not sure what it is though) can anyone help or have suggestions?

C3C1BC5F-C77C-40D3-81FA-5C94B388BB61.jpeg 65145FCE-457A-4E5F-AA6D-ED8E19C34EEE.jpeg 7EBF857A-DD79-4F70-AE7A-777289CAF519.jpeg C6118B00-0AF1-4EA8-9D8C-198203535E17.png
 
May be getting irritated by sand. Elevate just slightly. Moderate light and water flow and feed 3-4x per week
Salinity 1.025
Temp 77-79
Nitrate < .6
Mag 1300
Kh. 8-11
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new