HELP ALL FISH DISAPPEARING DOWN TO 1!!!!

Regular_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so this is the weirdest issue..
I've had tank up for about 6 months (not including cycle). It is a 40 breeder with 20 gallon sump.
It HAD -2 clowns w/ a nem, 1" blue tang, 2" convict tang, flame angle all of which got along and never had issues
- other things are roughly 8 corals mixed, hermits, and snails, the corals have been growing great, all inverts still alive.
I havnt had any algae issues its been pretty easy going and successful project luckily.....until...
All of a sudden every other week i was losing a fish and i mean GONE. No body, no sign of sickness, moved every rock in tank to find, not on floor, not in kitchen, not in my car, not at work in my desk, not visiting the neighbors, GONE!
Also after each fish disappearance I got all parameters tested at LFS and nothing significant/bad ever popped up.
I saw my black/white clown last night at 10:15 before going to bed and at 7:15 this morning he was gone so im down to one last clown and thats it.
HELP SOLVE THE MYSTERY because im convinced i have a robber or they are flopping to the toilet like finding nemo
Did you ever get to the bottom of the fish disappearances? Sorry to bug you about it but I’ve been very curious

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best guess would have been the anemone... other than that scary worm.

giphy.gif

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you hear weird clapping noises at night coming from the tank? This sounds like the work of either a bobbit worm or a mantis shrimp. Either would explain the “no body within 12hrs and nothing turning up by moving rocks”

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting- why kind of nem do you have? Maybe it ate your fish? But then it would be spitting out clues. So strange. No cats?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back