HELP ALL FISH DISAPPEARING DOWN TO 1!!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just raked the sand no luck but thanks for the suggestion found 1 aptasia i took care of atleast! I havnt heard clicking but i just read that if you wait till night and turn red lights on a lot of critters can be found that way
And its true. Have flashlight ready. If you have something with red lens, they wont spook as easy

here's a little laugh for you:

what fish see.jpg

mestorm121

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a lot of fish disappearing in my tank and I finally figured it out that it was my purple lobsters that was attacking the fish at night and eating them by morning, btw I have two in my 40 tall

ParkerK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was taking down a tank to move it and found at 15ish" fireworm. 39 gallon AIO. Never saw him or knew he was there. Glad I was wearing reef gloves when he found me. I didn't have anyone regularly disappearing tho. Its amazing what can live in the tank that you never see...
How does that even get in your tank?

highest_tides

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had same thing happen to me except with high end zoas. I would buy huge rock and 1 week later half are gone this went on for 2 years I was a noob and very clueless. In the end I caught a Eunice worm 3 ft long after he ate about 5,000$ in corals. I tried to sell the worm after but no one would pay 5,000$ for him. I was just trying to recoupe some of my loss. :)He ended up in garbage can
My god friend, that's a bummer and amazing story

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hermit ate my black brittle starfish. And I only had 3 hermits. Plenty of algae to eat. I guess they had a taste for blood. The culprit went to the electric chair. The others were sold. Just saying.

Kris 2020

Super Active Excellent Well Known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does that even get in your tank?
Probably on my live rock. I had a really fabulous lfs in my area at the time That I set up that tank. They had this huge pond liner filled with live rock, and when I say live, it had so many hitchhikers and macro growth on it, it was amazing. I would sit at that tank after the lights went out and just be in awe at the creepy crawlers who came out to play.

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so this is the weirdest issue..
I've had tank up for about 6 months (not including cycle). It is a 40 breeder with 20 gallon sump.
It HAD -2 clowns w/ a nem, 1" blue tang, 2" convict tang, flame angle all of which got along and never had issues
- other things are roughly 8 corals mixed, hermits, and snails, the corals have been growing great, all inverts still alive.
I havnt had any algae issues its been pretty easy going and successful project luckily.....until...
All of a sudden every other week i was losing a fish and i mean GONE. No body, no sign of sickness, moved every rock in tank to find, not on floor, not in kitchen, not in my car, not at work in my desk, not visiting the neighbors, GONE!
Also after each fish disappearance I got all parameters tested at LFS and nothing significant/bad ever popped up.
I saw my black/white clown last night at 10:15 before going to bed and at 7:15 this morning he was gone so im down to one last clown and thats it.
HELP SOLVE THE MYSTERY because im convinced i have a robber or they are flopping to the toilet like finding nemo
Do you clean next to your tank table,chair or the stand with any chemical materials? If yes than how many times do you do it in the week. If the answer is yes than you have your answer if not than I have no clue just like you.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%

Back