HELP! Anemone all Shriveled Up! Is it dying?

Jaws0508

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2019
Messages
39
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, about two weeks ago I got a bta, and today it decided to shrivel up. Why did it do this. I checked my water and everything seems to be fine but nitrates are high. What could be causing high nitrates if I do a 25% water change each week? Maybe the test is off but is my anemone dying?

IMG_0154.JPEG IMG_0155.JPEG IMG_0156.JPEG IMG_0157.JPEG
 
NO3: 25-50( Cant tell exactly)
Po4: 0
Ph: 8.0
Calc: 430
Mag: 1440
Alk:9.9
I am not sure if the nitrate test is working because I do 25% water changes each week and they are still high
 
That looks fine. How long has the tank been setup? What's your salinity like? I've found my nems to be very sensitive.
 
Some nems are weird. I've got one that does that all the time. It always bounces back in an hour or two.
 
They sometimes deflate when they poop. If any doubt on its health, naturally perform water change.
What is tank salinity?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new