Help Automating ATO System. Integrating EchoTech VERSA to ATO controller of Kamoer ATO

Yab00ku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Fellow Reef Enthusiasts,

Hello Fellow Reef Enthusiasts,

I'm embarking on a project to refine the auto top off (ATO) system for my Red Sea tank. While the tank comes equipped with its own gravity-fed ATO reservoir, I've found myself with a Kamoer ATO One 2 SE kit, thanks to a purchase made before I knew about the Red Sea tank's built-in feature.

The Kamoer's original pump doesn't meet the distance challenge I'm up against: pumping RODI water from a container located approximately 15 to 20 meters away. This is where the EchoTech VERSA PERISTALTIC PUMP comes in. Known for its power and reliability, I believe the Versa pump might be the solution.

Here's my plan: I want to connect the Versa pump to the Kamoer ATO system, allowing the Versa to be activated by the Kamoer ATO controller each time the water level in the reservoir dips.

For clarity, I've attached photos of the Versa pump's power supply and the Kamoer ATO controller. My initial thought is to modify the power connections to bridge these systems. But before I delve in, I'm reaching out for any wisdom or tips.

Seeking Guidance on Tools and Components:To be completely transparent, I'm venturing into unfamiliar territory here. My experience with electrical components and related tools is minimal. So, I'd appreciate advice on:

1. Essential tools I should have on hand for this project.
  2. Specific electrical components or connectors I might need.
  3. Safety precautions to be aware of when working on this integration.
  4. Any tutorials or references that might be helpful for a newbie like me.
Has anyone undertaken a similar project or have any advice on ensuring a smooth integration? Your expertise and insights would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshot_20231003_225911_WhatsApp.jpg

1696363981830.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back