Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been trying to get this sucker out for 3 1/2 hours now and no luck :mad:

Dan1959

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LTA is on one side of the tank. Good. Move the BTAs to the other side. Encourage the black clowns to hang around the BTA side. Use the Eggcrate light diffuser if needed. Ths skunk has clearly chosen the LTA as its host. Need to get the others to accept the BTAs. Your best probability of success is to get them into their "territory" on opposite sides.

If you want to remove the PS, get the eggcrate. Create a corral in one corner. Herd the PS into it, then close it off and remove the fish.

Good luck.

Dan

OP
OP
S

Sparklepony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Dan. I gave up on catching the PS for the night and eventually got the smaller black clown in a breeder floating tank but couldn't catch the bigger one. I'm hoping this won't cause issues between them later since they are separated. Not to mention I probably stressed everyone else in the tank out! Wish I could just hire someone to come get this thing out ...

OP
OP
S

Sparklepony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current situation. Smaller black clown in breeder and PS and female BC in larger tank. My question is will the female still accept the male once I put him back in the tank ? Hopefully I am making sense

IMG_1006.PNG

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the box is near the female and the male and female can still see each other and partially interact, they will be fine.

OP
OP
S

Sparklepony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a video cam on my tank and can see from work the PS roughing up my BC and it's heart breaking. I am afraid if he will even be alive by the time I get home ....:(

ehacker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the LTA in the breeder box, the PS wouldn't go near? I used the same methodology but with a bucket to catch my clowns in their carpet.

Back