Clownfish HELP?

CrazyCoolFishGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, hope you all are having a fantastic day! I would say about a month ago, I purchased this white designer Clownfish to go with my mocha black one and for the first 3 weeks they were best best friends, wouldn't leave eachothers side in a good way. Now for say the past 2 weeks or so this is the type of behavior (shown in video) where there like attacking eachother, but there is a no scars or appearing nips on fins. Wanted to hopefully seek some advice if I should do anything or this is just them being lovers. Thanks!!!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No video. Are they similar in size?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This forum sometimes doesn't play well with uploaded video. I can't see it. A YouTube link is a workaround. Others may be able to view though.

If one isn't getting overly beat up, I'd just monitor for a bit and see if they figure things out. If one starts to get really beat up, you can put the aggressor on time out for a bit in a breeder box or similar.

Frank SM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like they are trying to work out who is going to be the female. Since they are about the same size, you should keep an eye on them to make sure things don't get carried away. To us, some of their actions can seem quite violent but as long as they don't get too beat up, let them work it out.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back