Help! Brooklynella?

ChelseaBidwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Royal Gramma Basslets, and a Zebra Barred Dartfish in QT# 2. They have all underwent a 14-day 2.0 ppm copper treatment in QT# 1 and were transferred over to this sterile tank on 9/22. Since then, they have been treated with GC in the water column (we follow @HotRocks 's QT procedure to the T). They have all also had their food treated with GC, Focus, and Metroplex since they arrived. Today I noticed this little guy with white splotches, what looks to be fin rot, and he isn't moving besides somehow still breathing. Is this Brook? If so, can someone help me to figure out where we went wrong? Is 2.0 ppm Copper Power not high enough to treat Brook? The other 2 fish aren't showing symptoms yet, but are all currently in RRR. Is there anything else I can do? Do you think he is too far gone to save? The only thing I can think of is that 3 more wild caught fish arrived 2 days ago and are currently being treated in QT# 1, however, we take every precaution to make sure not to cross contaminate with equipment, feeding, etc...

RGB 1.jpg RGB 2.jpg RGB 3.jpg

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
WITH THE DECOMPOSITION SHOWN, HARD TO SAY WHAT YOU HAVE/HAD BUT I RECOMMEND A GOOD WATER CHANGE AND VERIFY SALINITY, PH, AMMONIA AND NITRATE LEVELS AS A START.

OP
OP
ChelseaBidwell

ChelseaBidwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WITH THE DECOMPOSITION SHOWN, HARD TO SAY WHAT YOU HAVE/HAD BUT I RECOMMEND A GOOD WATER CHANGE AND VERIFY SALINITY, PH, AMMONIA AND NITRATE LEVELS AS A START.
I was stumped. They had just completed their 2.0 PPM 14-day Copper Power treatment, a few days shy of being finished with their GC/Metro/Kana treatment. That was the first thing I checked and all the results looked really good. Idk what happened to him. After he died and I took him out, I got a better look at him, and it looked like all of his scales were coming off and all you could see was white tissue where the scales had been.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does look like brook, especially if scales were coming off. The only treatment is formaldehyde. It sounds bad, but brook is not something you want in any tank. I had a clown that was a tank and immune to ich. Brook took him out in three days even with freshwater dips.

OP
OP
ChelseaBidwell

ChelseaBidwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does look like brook, especially if scales were coming off. The only treatment is formaldehyde. It sounds bad, but brook is not something you want in any tank. I had a clown that was a tank and immune to ich. Brook took him out in three days even with freshwater dips.
That's what I was leaning towards, but wasn't conpletely sure. All we had at the time was RRR and it didn't really help, unfortunately.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back