Help Catching Maroon Clown

kdtorgy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're trading in our maroon clown to our LFS for store credit. She's just too mean and has killed the last two fish we have added. Problem is, I can't catch her. 140 gallon tank with lots of rock work. I've been trying a fish trap but she's not a very aggressive eater so the other fish swim in first and then push the food out so she just sits at the opening eating. Have also tried catching her sleeping in the news at night with no luck. Any other suggestions?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
We're trading in our maroon clown to our LFS for store credit. She's just too mean and has killed the last two fish we have added. Problem is, I can't catch her. 140 gallon tank with lots of rock work. I've been trying a fish trap but she's not a very aggressive eater so the other fish swim in first and then push the food out so she just sits at the opening eating. Have also tried catching her sleeping in the news at night with no luck. Any other suggestions?
My percula female would not approach trap but last night when lights went out, I used a red not as it saw blue one and got here right away. Just suddenly last evening started pounding on my clowns for no reason.

OP
OP
kdtorgy

kdtorgy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My percula female would not approach trap but last night when lights went out, I used a red not as it saw blue one and got here right away. Just suddenly last evening started pounding on my clowns for no reason.
Not sure what you mean by red not

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Not sure what you mean by red not
red net
Ive about had it with spell check on my phone
There's colors they cant see in the dark

OP
OP
kdtorgy

kdtorgy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
red net
Ive about had it with spell check on my phone
There's colors they cant see in the dark
Got it. I think I'm going to make a big net out of the mesh I used for the cover of my tank, wait until she is sleeping at night, stun her with a high intensity flashlight and try and catch her.

OP
OP
kdtorgy

kdtorgy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got her! Went down at 5 AM, disoriented her with a strobe light and easily netter her. Back to the LFS you go in exchange (plus some cash) for a pair of mated black ice clowns!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 43 43.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 48 49.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 7.1%
Back