Help choosing anthias

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I’m trying to pick my anthias for my 120 gal sps dominant build. I want to have like 2 groups of 3. I really like the flathead sunburst anthias, and also the Carberryi. Anything I need to worry about with getting those two groupings? I know they need to be fed a lot, the tank is gonna be on an auto feeder, but it’s gonna be auto feeding frozen. And I also know that you gotta get all females or one male and the rest females.
I feel like I need to purchase them sooner rather than later, and get them established in the tank. They got to be a good 2 inches and established enough so they don’t get eaten by any of my ribbon eels when they go in later. Any other anthias suggestions I should get instead?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve only tried the orange anthias or lyretail.
I bought two hoping they would pair, instead the strong bullied the weak and I was left with one, 2-3 days from introduction.
Someone once told me they are like chomis in a way. That the hierarchy can lead to fatalities.
another person advice me to buy a few more then the number I ultimately wanted in my display, for the same reason.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back