Help... Clock on Aqua knight v2 light frozen

  • Thread starter Thread starter Levinson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Levinson

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2020
Messages
696
Reaction score
456
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recently got a secondhand Aqua knight v2 light delivered to me and I just set it up now, sunrise, sunset, dimming, channels etc.
It was all good until I found out that the time on the digital clock on the unit is not changing! I tried unplugging, restarting but it was the same. After about 10~15 min, the clock had gone up 1 min but there was no further change after another 15 min or so.
Of all things that could fail, I have never expected a mere simple clock to fail. Everything else seems to work fine.
I did find a youtube video of someone with the same problem (video link below). The person had his/her light sent back and replaced but I don't think that'd be an option for me. The seller assured me that everything was in good working order and I definitely will be in touch with the seller but realistically speaking, I'd have a slim chance getting it refunded or get anything out of the seller should he/she decide to ignore the issue. I've also written to the manufacturer of the light, hoping to hear from them.

Does anybody know if there's anything I could do to fix the issue? Any input will be much appreciated. Cheers.

 
The solutions I can think of are:
1. Use regular power plug timer and give up on the gradual sunset, sunrise feature.

2. Hook up an aquarium led controller (DC connection), something like: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrfhGn7
It works on 12~24v led so I think it should work but I'm not 100% sure. Will it?
 
The seller claims the light doesn't have a timer feature. Oh god. What have I gotten myself into. I should have just bought it new.
I have convinced him that the ter feature is there but there will be no refund. What a pain.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new