Help... Clock on Aqua knight v2 light frozen

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recently got a secondhand Aqua knight v2 light delivered to me and I just set it up now, sunrise, sunset, dimming, channels etc.
It was all good until I found out that the time on the digital clock on the unit is not changing! I tried unplugging, restarting but it was the same. After about 10~15 min, the clock had gone up 1 min but there was no further change after another 15 min or so.
Of all things that could fail, I have never expected a mere simple clock to fail. Everything else seems to work fine.
I did find a youtube video of someone with the same problem (video link below). The person had his/her light sent back and replaced but I don't think that'd be an option for me. The seller assured me that everything was in good working order and I definitely will be in touch with the seller but realistically speaking, I'd have a slim chance getting it refunded or get anything out of the seller should he/she decide to ignore the issue. I've also written to the manufacturer of the light, hoping to hear from them.

Does anybody know if there's anything I could do to fix the issue? Any input will be much appreciated. Cheers.

OP
OP
Levinson

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The solutions I can think of are:
1. Use regular power plug timer and give up on the gradual sunset, sunrise feature.

2. Hook up an aquarium led controller (DC connection), something like: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrfhGn7
It works on 12~24v led so I think it should work but I'm not 100% sure. Will it?

OP
OP
Levinson

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The seller claims the light doesn't have a timer feature. Oh god. What have I gotten myself into. I should have just bought it new.
I have convinced him that the ter feature is there but there will be no refund. What a pain.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back