OP
Mking36523

Mking36523

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can learn so much through DIY projects. Remember that re-homing the maroon may be an option. Will your LFS let you trade it back in toward a puffer?
Idk I'm waiting till they open and call I like the maroon clown but I might be able to swap the dead one maybe.. I'm not sure. But they had one for 20 bucks when I picked up the maroons

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All you can do is put the fish in an acclimation box or something. Maroon clowns are soooo NASTY! If the fish makes a recovery I would re-home it as history will likely just repeat itself.
Probably right - but - if you keep it in an acclimation box or something like that - and MONITOR CLOSELY - it can work. It might not be worth the troub

mav3rick478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroons are one of the hardest to pair because of there aggressions. I've read somewhere that acclimation boxes are usually used and trying to get them at the same size helps a lot. Because like any other clown fish breed, once a female is established pray you aren't adding another female because like Highlander there can only be one!

OP
OP
Mking36523

Mking36523

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroons are one of the hardest to pair because of there aggressions. I've read somewhere that acclimation boxes are usually used and trying to get them at the same size helps a lot. Because like any other clown fish breed, once a female is established pray you aren't adding another female because like Highlander there can only be one!
They were about the same size but my lfs is giving me a rebate for it

Back