HELP! Clownfish Breathing Fast!

CrazyCoolFishGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, hope your having a fantastic day! I just picked up 2 brand new Clownfish in my brand new tank. Just finished cycling everything, so these 2 are the newest additions. For some reason, one is breathing rapidly and has slowly gotten worse over the course of the week. I just check my levels and I believe everything looks good, salinity is perfect, so not sure what to do. He is getting a little bit skinny/wrinkly so I don't think he's eaten much. Hr is still active and will hang out at different part of the tank or go hang out with the other clownfish. I tried both frozen shrimp, pelletts, and even put a small veggie clip hoping they might pick on it. Please lmk if you have any advice
20231102_232001.jpg

Last edited:

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your best bet will be to post your actual water parameters. “Everything looks perfect” won’t help us help you. Also pictures, and better yet, a short 15-20 second video (both under white lights) would be extremely helpful.

OP
OP
C

CrazyCoolFishGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your best bet will be to post your actual water parameters. “Everything looks perfect” won’t help us help you. Also pictures, and better yet, a short 15-20 second video (both under white lights) would be extremely helpful.
Definitely, will do! My apologies, this is my fist time. Shared a video and my levels from the Zapi test kit

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping so you can get some help. Please post photos of the fish under white light as well as video if possible. You likely want to invest in some test kits from Salifert (very reliable all around) and/or Hanna (great, easy to use test kits for alkalinity and phosphate ULR as well as copper which is needed for quarantine / hospital situations).

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank? Is the water surface agitated enough to help get oxygen into the water?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back