Help! Clownfish fins damaged

Reefing Mama

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2021
Messages
322
Reaction score
554
Location
Greenville
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 2 clowns that have been a bonded pair for almost a year. This one that was exhibiting signs of dominance until recently, and I assumed was the female, has now been obsessing over the powerheads the last few weeks and yesterday she was fine minus a LITTLE fin fraying. Now her fins are almost gone! In a day. I have since moved her to qt and I'm monitoring her but idk if it was the other clown or fin rot or what. There are no other fish in the tank and have not added corals or inverts for the last 2 months. @Veteranreefer Screenshot_20210428-202102_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210428-202116_Gallery.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20210428_201844.mp4
    30.4 MB
Here is another shot
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20210428-203344_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210428-203344_Gallery.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 48
Its been very weird to say the least and has carried on for a few months.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new