Help, Clownfish not eating.

StartingATank

Self-Diagnosed Coral Addict
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2024
Messages
2,351
Reaction score
1,745
Location
DFW Metroplex
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My clownfish previously was having stringy poop for 1 day, but then stopped. It previously had hexamita, but it came over that. It is showing no signs of hexamita right now, or any illness of stress, but the last 2 times I fed them, he didn't eat. I am feeding Mysis shrimp pellets, and the only fish in the tank are 2 clowns. I feed them about 10 pellets a day, because usually that is all they eat, and I have tested if they eat more by adding a little more than normal, and they wouldn't eat it, but now, I am guessing that the female clown isn't eating. I have seen no competition between the two. I have had this clown for 2 months, and the other for 1. When I first got them, the pellets were too big, so I had to crush them up, and all the leftovers would go into filtration, and they would wait for it to break down and then eat it when the water came back into the tank. Are they doing this now? Is it something else? Should I change up there food?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new