Help controlling zoa and monti

Jaymostella

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
0
Location
Albertville, al
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When setting up my tank almost 2 years ago I placed some zoa's here, there and everywhere.. While some are ok, I have some that are spreading way too fast and covering more rock than I would like.. Some are really inexpensive and some are not. What is the best way to keep them under control? They are on some rock work that would be a nightmare to take out of the tank.

Same thing for some Monti caps I have..

On a positive note I have a setosa montipora that's getting a little out of control as well.. Not long before I have to trim it back.

I am thinking of setting a frag tank up but little intimidated on how I want to go about it and would want it tied into main tank water somehow

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new