Help cutting a giant birdsnest

  • Thread starter Thread starter tc760
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tc760

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2017
Messages
167
Reaction score
75
Location
Oceanside
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some advice. I have a large birdsnest that is entangled with a Stylo. I can cut away most of the Stylo with a Dremel but how can I chop up the birdsnest without exploding it?

PXL_20240924_014206510.jpg PXL_20240924_014106653.jpg
 
This thing is nearly 2ft long id like to cut it into 5 or 6 chunks of possible otherwise I'll be selling it forever.
 
Upvote 0
What I find with my Birdsnest is that the branches will grow together and become fused. Cutting with a Dremel can work but it won't necessarily be as easy as a Stylo.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new