Position reefwave

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefdutch
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefdutch

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
11
Location
Netherland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for help or advice on where to position my two ReefWave 25 pumps.

At the moment, it seems that debris from the water column isn't making its way into the aquarium's overflow. There is also a dead spot in the front-left corner.

I want to fine-tune or reposition the pumps, but I’ve been trying for a few days without success. Hopefully, someone can help me out.

I’ve also included a photo of my aquascape. Its a bit older pic but the scape is still the same. Unfortunalty the torches had a bail out when I was at holiday.

My aquarium:
Dimensions: 100 cm wide, 60 cm deep; water level is approximately 53 cm.

On top of the scape there are now 2 stylo and in the future i wanna place there some acropora.

In the middle of the scape I would like to place again torches and hammers. So more lps in the middle.

The overflow and return are located in the left corner.

Equipment:
2x ReefWave (left 60% and right 80% both with random wave setup)
ReefMat 500
Skimmer 300 DC

Many thanks for the help!

20260524_134500.jpg
 
Last edited:
@Fish Styx is pretty good with flow.
The Princess Bride Reaction GIF


Hey there. I made a video about this very thing for @Ziggy17 not too long ago, so here you go. Give this a try and see what you think:



We should also enlist the rest of the #reefsquad to see if they have any suggestions.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 1
Many thanks @Fish Styx . I’ll give this a try this weekend.

Do you think I’ve placed the horizontal one in the right window, since my overflow is on the left side?
I'm inclined to say that the vertical should be on the side with the overflow, but I'm not really sure. Try playing with the placement on either side to see which works better for you.
 
Upvote 1
@Fish Styx , thank you. I have a update but unfortunalty I didnt find the right spots yet.
With the position 1 horizontal and vertical. The flow down under in the Tank is really nice also the debritus in the water looks bit less. But my stylos on top of the reef didnt seen happy. Guess bc the flow on top not high enough.

Im still try to find the good spots for the wavers.

Or maybee will be the conclusion that i have to buy 1 more weaver, to get a good flow.
 
Upvote 0

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new