Help deciding parts for my fluval 13.5

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a fluval 13.5 I actually kind of like it. It's light is good enough it seems to be making my coral happy... but the colors are horrible you can't have both the blue and white light on at the same time. I absolutely have to have the lid, I'm in an rv atm and the movement would cause spilling here and there without it. Is there anyway I could add a better light or even some kind of extra light to add color and keep the lid? Also I have the fluval protein skimmer in the first chamber, and carbon and the filter it came with in the second. What options do I have for the second chamber? And lastly the heater and pump in the 3rd chamber fit together but the heater isn't actually keeping the temperature above 96.8ish. Anyone know a heater and pump to upgrade that would still fit so I can keep the lid on?

20211014_201947.jpg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fluval M-Series heater is what I'd go with. What lights are you using on the tank right now? You might be able to fit some bio media in a media bag in the second chamber.

OP
OP
Treenk

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the stock light in it still, my corals seem to be happy with it, I'm just not. I have a fluval heater but not sure on the series, is the m series thinner or something? And yeah I have a small back of biomax, and carbon wedge into the little holes of the foam like filter it has.

Back