OP
OP
IAM122

IAM122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get whatever is the bigger option. Also no skimmer needed if you’ll be consistent on water changes
Bigger option is the 20 gallon RS Nano Max. It's just also the most expensive one by a good bit. You think it's worth the price?

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bigger option is the 20 gallon RS Nano Max. It's just also the most expensive one by a good bit. You think it's worth the price?
The RS isn't more expensive when you look at adding a stand,skimmer ,auto top off,return pump, decent light . Which is included with the reefer. I just went through this when deciding to get a nano to go with my 180g. No matter how I did it the RS is actually cheaper. For example go look at the plus package for waterbox 20 and then add the cost of the stand in. The RS nano setups just look better as well. It's a very clean looking setup the way they did it. You won't have wires all over and buckets of rodi under your stand for an ATO.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the IM Nano and got it when it first came out on promo. Highly reccomend. Just cloudying the water a bit for your choices.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you need a stand? If it’s going on a desk or counter them no need to spend the money on that. If you need the stand then yea that could change things

OP
OP
IAM122

IAM122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RS isn't more expensive when you look at adding a stand,skimmer ,auto top off,return pump, decent light . Which is included with the reefer. I just went through this when deciding to get a nano to go with my 180g. No matter how I did it the RS is actually cheaper. For example go look at the plus package for waterbox 20 and then add the cost of the stand in. The RS nano setups just look better as well. It's a very clean looking setup the way they did it. You won't have wires all over and buckets of rodi under your stand for an ATO.
I will check this out!

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say get the biggest you can afford. Waterbox makes a good looking 25 peninsula also

IM makes nice packages also

Red Sea doesn’t have the best reputation but they supposedly fixed their issues

OP
OP
IAM122

IAM122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you need a stand? If it’s going on a desk or counter them no need to spend the money on that. If you need the stand then yea that could change things
I don't necessarily need a stand. I do have one, not great not great looking, probably will upgrade that at some point if I don't get a stand. I definitely could use a stand, but don't need one

zaga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering what is included and the ease of setting it up, I think it would be worth for me. I have a smaller 14 gallon AIO and it is just too small. I think a 20 gallon would be the perfect compromise if you want to do a nano.

As others have said, look into Innovative Marine also. I just setup their SR80 AIO and I am loving it so far.

bvanfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a waterbox 25 it was nice got the innovative marine 10 and I’m in love. Can’t speak highly enough of it so far. I’d say for sure a contender if you don’t mind the low gallons. Not sure what your plans are with it.

DarylB924

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered the “HelloReef” package? I have no experience with this hobby but I’m looking to start very soon and this is one that caught my eye

DarylB924

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't necessarily need a stand. I do have one, not great not great looking, probably will upgrade that at some point if I don't get a stand. I definitely could use a stand, but don't need
Have you considered the “HelloReef” package? I have no experience with this hobby but I’m looking to start very soon and this is one that caught my eye. It seems to come with everything and is affordable.

Madd_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which one did you end up going with? We have the Tideline AIO 62G Lagoon. I started tinkering with the tank, and then I designed and created my own return adapters. Since the ones that came on my tank stopped spinning and I wanted to be able to control the direction of the flow. It wasn't long before I started designing and 3-D printing lots of accessories for my own tank and decided to make the accessories available to other hobbyists. Check it out; https://maddreef.com.

Nate9292

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get a saltwater tank for a room I am redoing for my wife. I am looking at Red Sea Nano Max, Fluval 13.5 EVO, or Tideline Peninsula 13.4 gallons. All of these are AIO. In everyone's opinion which tank is better? Or are they about the same? Also with a 13.5 or 20 gallon tank, is a protein skimmer really necessary? Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot everyone!
I really liked the Evo 13.5 when I was shopping for tanks. The only reason I never got it is I wanted something alittle bigger. I went with a standard 20 gal long tank. It’s not an AIO so I use a hang on back filter but I liked the extra length of having a 20 gal long. As far as protein skimmers go I believe weekly water changes would be good enough for smaller tanks, but I do still plan on getting a skimmer on my 20 gal at some point.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back