OP
OP
S

SeaShine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know of anything one can do if organisms are suffering from a past event but are currently in seemingly fine water.
Thanks! I appreciate your response. I guess my concern is that it's "seemingly" fine water, but, since corals are starting to slowly bounce back, I've got to assume it is.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I appreciate your response. I guess my concern is that it's "seemingly" fine water, but, since corals are starting to slowly bounce back, I've got to assume it is.

If you did a 100% water change as you mention, it is.

OP
OP
S

SeaShine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm happy to report that a full week later, all corals have returned to their former states, except for one toadstool that I expect will open when it's ready.

Overall, I lost my emerald crab because I couldn't find him and didn't take more time to look because I was in panic about the corals and needed to purchase 20 gallons of pre-mixed saltwater quickly. Luckily, I knew where to find it. That journey took about 90 minutes. Having added a cup and a half of citric acid to a 20 gallon tank, I feel pretty lucky not to have lost more.

Thanks everybody for your encouragement along the way. I suggest to anyone, don't leave any jugs of citric acid near your tank where you change water! Lol. It is no fun to accidentally dose your tank. But there can be light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back