Help! Eheim 1000 is super loud!

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions? On how to quiet this pump? In January I purchased two Eheim 1000 one for me and the other for my brother. Installed them into our 12.5 gallon AIO. Day 1 they were loud but bearable, I read the reviews too late, and got the pumps based on I like Eheim products. Was super mad, to see so many reviews about the loud noise.

Well, almost 2 months later mine is unbearable that I after work picked up the Sicce 1.0 to replace the Eheim 1000 and then use that as a utility pump!

Didn't fit in my chamber, 3.54L of pump exceeds the space I have!

So, I am stuck with the unbearable noise, I will record it on You Tube, if you don't believe me.

Any help will greatly be appreciated, does anyone have a replacement for me to purchase? I have it connected to the 5 watt UV biocube, if you give me a replacement please be below 300 gph and have dims smaller than 3.54 inches.

Thanks,

OP
OP
Micro-Reefs Aquarium

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Solved my own problem! The Sicce 1.0 fitted into my chamber via diagonal which I had not tried, easy fix. Took both pumps in a bucket to run them side by side. The Sicce is virtually silent compared to the Eheim 1000. The impellar rattles a lot in the Eheim, beginning to think I got a bad batch.

Let me see how long the Sicce 1.0 will stay nice and quiet before it turns into the Eheim 1000.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back