Help finding a Magnifica (ritteri) anemone

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope have looked locally and online for a while. They are very difficult to find. If you have an active reef club or Facebook group I'd try them. Otherwise look to try to get one from a local hobbyist...

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input. I do check Aquasd from time to time but never see any. Also saw unique had one a while back but it was a special one from joe yauillo costing 800-1000 buckaroos. Is that the one you got?

Yes thats the one I have

OP
OP
Anthony Scholfield

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes thats the one I have
Oh wow! I was looking at that when i was getting ready to get my first Mag but was afraid to spend that much, haha. Now after having one I’m not too afraid anymore. I would love one of those. Could you share some pics with me? :)

Does that one split naturally? Maybe unique...or you will have another.

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A couple other potential sources:

They don't have any now, but Reef Beauties usually has some in stock.

Also, if you contact @Asagi at Blue Kai Aquatics, he might be able to source one for you (and even treat it) from Southern California. Both my giganteas are from him and they're both very healthy.

I got one of my Mags from Pacific East, it arrived and has stayed very healthy. My other was from Aqua SD, came incredibly bleached and took a few months to color up but is doing well now.

OP
OP
Anthony Scholfield

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color morph are you looking for?
I guess I’m not super picky. I like the colored base ones more than just a tan base. The purplish ones are nice and what i have experience with but Ive also seen some other neat colors. Its less about me and more about the clowns, haha. Do you have a lead? :)

OP
OP
Anthony Scholfield

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple other potential sources:

They don't have any now, but Reef Beauties usually has some in stock.

Also, if you contact @Asagi at Blue Kai Aquatics, he might be able to source one for you (and even treat it) from Southern California. Both my giganteas are from him and they're both very healthy.

I got one of my Mags from Pacific East, it arrived and has stayed very healthy. My other was from Aqua SD, came incredibly bleached and took a few months to color up but is doing well now.
Thanks for the info. I had considered blue Kai, as i have a couple gigs from him, very pleased!

I will check out reef beauties and I’ve been talking to Pacific East a bit, they are a potential option.

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked out your build, was hoping to see pics of this nem and saw you had a mag find a powerhead. Is this mag from unique the one that found the power head?

It was a mertens that hit the powerhead. Still have the mag, will update build thread today.

jamie1210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
contact LAX aquariums to see if they'll ship. It's an LFS in socal. I was there on Saturday and they had 2. Mags are just NOT popular down here. Several LFS's get them in, and theyll sit around for quite a bit lol--even if they have a bright magenta foot!

also, contact Reef Lounge USA in Anaheim. They had a bunch in February, and from their website, it seems like they're still there LOL

OP
OP
Anthony Scholfield

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
contact LAX aquariums to see if they'll ship. It's an LFS in socal. I was there on Saturday and they had 2. Mags are just NOT popular down here. Several LFS's get them in, and theyll sit around for quite a bit lol--even if they have a bright magenta foot!

also, contact Reef Lounge USA in Anaheim. They had a bunch in February, and from their website, it seems like they're still there LOL
Thanks so much for this. I will check it out.

My clowns would love one with a magenta foot!! :)

brahm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got two from pacfic east aqua recently, and they have more. Couldn't be happier.

192327705_4387629774589213_4259835295417106485_n.jpg

OP
OP
Anthony Scholfield

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got two from pacfic east aqua recently, and they have more. Couldn't be happier.

192327705_4387629774589213_4259835295417106485_n.jpg
Good to know. I have 2 from them coming in the morning! :) super excited.

Curious, did you treat them or put them straight in the tank?

OP
OP
Anthony Scholfield

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the new arrivals in observation. Just came in this morning and are looking great. These are really nice specimens! I’m thrilled and the clowns will be too haha :)

4C560884-2A8D-4278-9C05-8AB961CAF3D7.jpeg

@PacificEastAquaculture wins the day with top notch customer service and beautiful specimens. I shopped around and reached out to many. They were more expensive than the competition but they out shone the competition in many ways which earned them the sale and my membership. Thank you pacific east, please continue to be top notch. We need more people like you. Too many turds these days….

thanks again to all who gave some input to help me with this!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back