OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just more pics for them,hopefully they will give you no problems ;)
Hopefully today was supposed to be rly exciting after waiting 9 weeks for this to arrive but nope, my stand was gonna be finished this weekend and I was planning to start filling it with water. Luckily I didn’t order any fish for my quarantine setup yet.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully today was supposed to be rly exciting after waiting 9 weeks for this to arrive but nope, my stand was gonna be finished this weekend and I was planning to start filling it with water. Luckily I didn’t order any fish for my quarantine setup yet.

have to say you are taking it well, hopefully there are a few tank builders reading this and could give you an unbiased opinion on the likely tank condition after a drop like this.

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have to say you are taking it well, hopefully there are a few tank builders reading this and could give you an unbiased opinion on the likely tank condition after a drop like this.
Yeah hopefully, I’m looking at lighting right now to try to get my mind off the drop. That sound is gonna haunt me tonight though. It’s definitely not a good way to start your first reef tank.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow when they ring, I would ask for a replacement, ok you’ll have to wait but it will put your mind at ease, you have a tank that was dropped and also has a chip in the bottom, that is one big tank to worry about, also consider if you were to ever try and sell the tank for whatever reason, you would have to disclose the information about the chip, which would put almost everyone off buying or buying at a reduced price.
If you are tempted to keep this tank, and remember tomorrow it’s your decision not theirs as it is damaged, I would only keep it if there was a large discount offered.

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow when they ring, I would ask for a replacement, ok you’ll have to wait but it will put your mind at ease, you have a tank that was dropped and also has a chip in the bottom, that is one big tank to worry about, also consider if you were to ever try and sell the tank for whatever reason, you would have to disclose the information about the chip, which would put almost everyone off buying or buying at a reduced price.
If you are tempted to keep this tank, and remember tomorrow it’s your decision not theirs as it is damaged, I would only keep it if there was a large discount offered.
Thank you this, it really helped put my mind at ease. I’m a teenager so I’m really stressed about this cause it’s a lot of money for me I’ve spent a lot of what I’ve saved over the past few years on this setup. My parents said they would help stock it if I purchased all the equipment.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you this, it really helped put my mind at ease. I’m a teenager so I’m really stressed about this cause it’s a lot of money for me I’ve spent a lot of what I’ve saved over the past few years on this setup. My parents said they would help stock it if I purchased all the equipment.

no problem, just remember you are in the driving seat tomorrow, decide on what YOU want to do and tell them, they may automatically offer a replacement, if they don’t, you tell them what you want, either a replacement or what discount will make you happy to keep the tank, do not let them reassure you it will be fine, they are likely to do that. As it’ll save them a lot of money. Decide what outcome you want and don’t accept anything less.

czynot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck getting a replacement. They will blame you not inspecting the tank. Do not fill the tank with water or do anything until you hear from them.
I have RS tank arrived with tiny chip on side panel and air bubble in the silicone. I didn’t even notice until I was filling the tank. RS refuse to replace and only offer me some kind of junk care pack. What a joke. I spend 4K and all they say is sorry, You didnt check when it arrived. RS 5yr warranty, what warranty?

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m in the Don’t fill it up camp as well. No way I’m keeping that one without a fight. Also get ready to make a claim with your credit card ASAP. There’s a time limit on those of like three months. In fact. I’d call and get it in the works now. Then cancel it if needed.

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck getting a replacement. They will blame you not inspecting the tank. Do not fill the tank with water or do anything until you hear from them.
I have RS tank arrived with tiny chip on side panel and air bubble in the silicone. I didn’t even notice until I was filling the tank. RS refuse to replace and only offer me some kind of junk care pack. What a joke. I spend 4K and all they say is sorry, You didnt check when it arrived. RS 5yr warranty, what warranty?
I know these warranty’s are jokes, I just read it today and I can’t believe some of the terms like you have to it there overpriced stand so the warranty works. Like what. I’ll let you know what happens I’ll pry call cause I can get my point across better, I emailed and asked if it would be ok, i bet they’ll say yes but I’m going to request a replacement anyways. The thing is I did inspect the packaging but i never signed so I didn’t have a place to report damage.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would have asked them what has a manufacturing fault got to do with checking for delivery damage?

You have a right to return for a manufacturing fault, if they refused a would have claimed through my credit card with a chargeback.

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the Don’t fill it up camp as well. No way I’m keeping that one without a fight. Also get ready to make a claim with your credit card ASAP. There’s a time limit on those of like three months. In fact. I’d call and get it in the works now. Then cancel it if needed.
Yeah that’s the plan, you have to make a shipping claim within 24hours on the tank so I’m doing it tomorrow morning after they respond depending on what they say. I’m definitely not keeping it without a fight though. They charge when you place an order too so it’s been 9 weeks on my credit card so I’ll have to make a claim soon if they won’t replace it.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that’s the plan, you have to make a shipping claim within 24hours on the tank so I’m doing it tomorrow morning after they respond depending on what they say. I’m definitely not keeping it without a fight though. They charge when you place an order too so it’s been 9 weeks on my credit card so I’ll have to make a claim soon if they won’t replace it.

you can not be sure the chip wasn’t caused by the drop, I would say tomorrow, the tank was dropped, you checked the tank and found a chip on the bottom, I would like a replacement please! Simple.

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to make it clear that I’m not solely blaming the driver. Sure I’m upset with him, but I’m more mad at the shipping company. The driver originally wanted to deliver my tank first today cause it is oversized but they made him pick up a bunch of shipments before hand. This his job extremely difficult getting it off the truck.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from my experience WB CS is pretty good. I ordered one of there peninsulas paid for it then the next day I learned "yeah go ahead" really does not mean go ahead? who knew.

anyway they refunded me no problem. so I think they will be fair to work with.
the carrier has insurance anyway so they should be the ones to cover it.

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from my experience WB CS is pretty good. I ordered one of there peninsulas paid for it then the next day I learned "yeah go ahead" really does not mean go ahead? who knew.

anyway they refunded me no problem. so I think they will be fair to work with.
the carrier has insurance anyway so they should be the ones to cover it.
Yeah, who knew. I hope my experience is like this

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, who knew. I hope my experience is like this

it will do, just keep it simple, it was dropped, is now damaged, when will the replacement get here, as soon as you have said it was dropped and now damaged, stop there, don’t keep talking about that aspect, move on to say you hope you don’t have to wait weeks for a replacement, don’t go into how big the chip is, if they want to know any details let them ask, don’t offer extra details as you will help give them room to talk you into keeping it, it was damaged, when will the replacement get here!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back