OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as he is moving around alot from my experience he is still doing ok. When you need to start worrying is when it is just laying there the entire time n barely moves which happened to my 2nd eel and died pretty fast!
He is still very active so that's good! And I will try feeding him in a couple of day with live food like you suggested.photos will be below.

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some photos!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one that gave me a hard time to eat but i tried silver side and got him to eat after that he ate every time i fed till one day he decided to sneak pass the egg crate to the overflow and got suck in thru the pump
How did you get it eating? Did he ever eat live foods before that or did he just start with the frozen stuff

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im like obsessed with blue/black ribbon eels. Yours looks great. Do you have any fish in the tank or is it just the eel?

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im like obsessed with blue/black ribbon eels. Yours looks great. Do you have any fish in the tank or is it just the eel?
I have a blue tang, clown fish and a rectangular trigger. There's also a snowflake eel in there that is much smaller. They seem to get along .

image.jpg

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow you have a snowflake as well... Cool!!! I had one n it left my tank. How long have you had them both and what do you have on the top of the tank to secure it?

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
Oh wow you have a snowflake as well... Cool!!! I had one n it left my tank. How long have you had them both and what do you have on the top of the tank to secure it?
ive had the snowflake for about 6 months and the ribbon for almost 2 weeks. I just have a glass lid on top but there is about a inch of space in the back. One time a while ago I was looking for the snowflake for two days but then I decided to look harder and there he was dried up under a towel-.-. I thought he was dead but I let him sit in the water for 10 minutes and he suddenly started swimming around.

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

ive had the snowflake for about 6 months and the ribbon for almost 2 weeks. I just have a glass lid on top but there is about a inch of space in the back. One time a while ago I was looking for the snowflake for two days but then I decided to look harder and there he was dried up under a towel-.-. I thought he was dead but I let him sit in the water for 10 minutes and he suddenly started swimming around.

Wow you lucked out... I cant believe you just put it back in water and he started swimming. I knw you were prob. Way happpy lol. Til this day i cant find my snowflake eel -_-. And as for the ribbon i found it months later. The thing is i have a protien skimmer in my tank n they keep leaving thr tank bcuz of the space around the skimmer smh. I have to figure that out before i get another eel.

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It jumped out??

Yup [emoji85] both times grrrrrr. I was more ticked about the ribbon because i had actually gotten him to eat and i did so much research on them n read how hard that would be to do. Hopefully i'll have some luck when i decide to get another one. The snowflakes are easy to get eating right?! How does yours eat?

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup [emoji85] both times grrrrrr. I was more ****** about the ribbon because i had actually gotten him to eat and i did so much research on them n read how hard that would be to do. Hopefully i'll have some luck when i decide to get another one. The snowflakes are easy to get eating right?! How does yours eat?
He eats anything. Started eating within a couple days. He now eats anything off the tongs. He loves to curl around it lol. He just makes his own homes under rocks so make sure your base is sturdy

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow you lucked out... I cant believe you just put it back in water and he started swimming. I knw you were prob. Way happpy lol. Til this day i cant find my snowflake eel -_-. And as for the ribbon i found it months later. The thing is i have a protien skimmer in my tank n they keep leaving thr tank bcuz of the space around the skimmer smh. I have to figure that out before i get another eel.
Oh wow that sucks!! Yea I was very lucky

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put some chromies in your tank. He will eat them 100%. Used to have one, couldn't get him to eat then I noticed all my small fish were gone. Just kept putting chromies in to suffice him. He will pick them off over time.

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put some chromies in your tank. He will eat them 100%. Used to have one, couldn't get him to eat then I noticed all my small fish were gone. Just kept putting chromies in to suffice him. He will pick them off over time.
If I have a clownfish in there that he doesn't eat would he eat chromis?

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really know how long exactly it's been since he hasn't eaten but how can I tell when he's starting to fade away. His colours Are still bright and he is still pretty active but sometimes I notice when he's in the pipe he turns his head like in a 360 spinning around. Don't know what this means but I really hope he pulls through!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back