HELP: Hitchhiker Crab ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter dsagerman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dsagerman

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2025
Messages
26
Reaction score
29
Location
Bloomington
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just able to catch this hitchhiker crab that came inside some live rock I recently got. Can you please let me know if gorilla or emerald crab and if it’s reef safe or should remove? I see it hanging around corals but hasn’t done any major damage in the 2 weeks it’s been in there.
20251126_080709_4CF62FC5-2833-4293-98C2-A931B1DF5775.png

20251126_080726_D98E4FD4-CE47-401F-9ED6-3D32024BF658.png

20251126_080818_5C12648A-9FFA-4C21-B6E3-543B1F079725.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new