HELP! I need options on anemone placement

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next week I’m getting a BTA and a RFA and I’m not sure the best place to put the BTA. I’m thinking I’ll start the RFA in an

TANK SPECS
Red Sea Reefer 350
(2)Current USA IC Pro lights
(4) T5 lights- 2 Blue+, 2 Coral+
(2) 1050 power heads- Current USA(with covers)
1050 return pump-Current USA

I already have some corals and I’m thinking I need to rearrange some. I’m aware that even in I put these anemones where I want them they will probably move.. but I’d just like to try.

full tank shot-before any corals
04C79D64-F1F8-4A7E-BB1B-A46BA75C4A81.jpeg

Here are some places I was thinking. On the rock structure all the way to the right where the torch is currently located. This one has lots of good nooks and crannies for his foot to go in. Close to a power head for flow, and can move around to get more or less light.
69CCEE78-6682-40FE-A483-7ADED7064B40.jpeg

On the middle rock structure in the arch where the Duncan currently is. This is where my clowns like to hang out as well. Solid rock so not a lot of places to dig his foot down in.
572BCCCA-E0C0-40B8-B14B-A51B994488A9.jpeg

on the left structure where the hammer currently is. Not a huge fan of this one because my blenny likes to hang out in one of the holes.
3FD3701B-D7FA-4343-9B60-2D5BC54E14BB.jpeg

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't matter where you put an anemone. He won't like it no matter what and move somewhere that he does. Mine moved as soon as I put him in and I liked the spot he chose then two months later moved behind a rock where I can't see him from the front and hasn't moved since.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With nems its hard to choose a spot, simply because if they don't like where you've chosen, they'll move. I would go for somewhere with moderate flow and high light for the BTA, and moderate flow to moderate light for the RFA

OP
OP
New&no clue

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't matter where you put an anemone. He won't like it no matter what and move somewhere that he does. Mine moved as soon as I put him in and I liked the spot he chose then two months later moved behind a rock where I can't see him from the front and hasn't moved since.

my initial thought after acclimated was to just drop them both in and let them settle where they want. Then move the corals they were annoying. My biggest fear is the BTA and the torch getting into a fight

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my initial thought after acclimated was to just drop them both in and let them settle where they want. Then move the corals they were annoying. My biggest fear is the BTA and the torch getting into a fight
Then I would pick the rocks farthest from the torch. Better chance that it won't move that far.

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe put the anemone in an acclimation box with some rubble and then once it attaches, glue the rock to the place you’d like.
But as others have said, if it does not like where you place it even after it attaches to the rock, it will definitely move. Good luck!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 160 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back