Help! I raised the salinity too fast!

Shy519

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2014
Messages
61
Reaction score
16
Location
Branson, MO
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran random parameters due to upset polyps. My salinity was sitting at 1.017 and I believe I raised it too fast. It's now at 1.023 and I ticked off all my corals. My chalice and candy canes are currently shedding color and slime throughout the tank while all my polpys are closed. I'm worried I've nuked it and everything will die. I was slowly raising point-by-point over the course of about 5 hours. I didn't realize that was too fast until it was too late apparently. Do I let it be or do I go back and add RO water?
 
hi what size tank ?
pics of corals shedding??

yes too fast, may be too late now ,but would bring down at least to 1.022 tonight .
but not much more than that.
would also recommend ,fresh rinsed carbon.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new