Help Ich!

peterthegamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm about to go hypo salinity, but looking the amount of fish, I think taking all the corals out would be easier, and drop the salinity to a low amount? Does this plan seem like a good one and how much would I lower the salinity too?

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can't leave the LR in there, the low salinity would kill the bacteria.
First off, how bad is this case of ICH? Is the fish still eating and active?
If my Hippo would stay still for me, I'd get a picture of her, full of ICH right this very minute, she gets it all the time when I mess with the tank. But....She gets rid of it herself, I do not mess with any of the fish or do anything differently in the tank, the fish are fully capable of ridding it themselves, if they are healthy on the onset.

OP
OP
peterthegamer

peterthegamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all 3 tangs are infected, but my thompson tang is the worst. Thompson is blind in one eye, but eating and active, hippo is eating and active and the yellow tang is just active, hes very shy, but hes not affected as the other 2.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you start moving the fish around, you make it worse, you stress them out. Me, I'd leave em alone, then again I've been through this a few times. Watch em, if they turn into a speckled snowball, then you have problems, but not until then.

PCygni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say you have serious problem. When this is all over with you will then begin to realize the virtue of a QT and Cupramine. Cheers....

Adrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm about to go hypo salinity, but looking the amount of fish, I think taking all the corals out would be easier, and drop the salinity to a low amount? Does this plan seem like a good one and how much would I lower the salinity too?

I would use Metronidazole an focus pm m for details a it is reef safe used this cocktail for almost 10 yrs works well as long as fish are eating

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back