Help ID and advice aptasia detail

DexterKarin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I have a frag with a GSP on it. Have had it in the tank for 1.5 months. Awhile back I thought I saw a tiny aptasia on the frag which I grabbed with tweezers and then could not identify it as it mooshed. Then I started seeing something weird yesterday. It is a pink blob, a couple of them with a white protrusion. The side view it looks like "something". I have circled the two pink blobs with the protusions. In the other picture the reflection on the glass shows an aptasia on the back side. Crap. So I pulled frag out of tank to superglue and it was a mess. I did superglue what I thought was area of aptasia. The pink blobs retreated into the mass of the GSP.
As a beginner, I'm guessing that the supergluing has to be done in the tank while the aptasia is open? And any ideas on the pink blob?

PXL_20240223_021157782.MP.jpg PXL_20240223_020846571-EDIT.jpg

JAS927

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That honestly just looks like part of the polyps. Regarding supergluing, I’ve not ever heard of or used this as a method for aiptasia removal and certainly don’t recommend supergluing anything directly in your tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back