Help Id and is this normal from WWC???

  • Thread starter Thread starter JeffB1961
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JeffB1961

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2018
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

Last weekend I happened by WWC. I bought a GakGak Goniopora which is doing well but I couldn't resist a couple of the $5 corals.

This is where my question comes. This morning when the lights came on I noticed one of the coral frags ( 1st and 2nd picture ) have extended some clear tentacles ( don't know what else to call them ). Are these just normal "arms"? Does that mean it's settling in and comfortable?

Tank is a 29gallong Red Sea 130D - AIO... All parameters are good and Goni and Condi and others are doing well and eating...

Thanks!!!

View attachment 1008269

View attachment 1008270

View attachment 1008271

View attachment 1008272

Coral Frag_1_3.14.19.jpg


Coral Frag_1.2_3.14.19.jpg


GakGak_3.14.19.jpg


Coral Frag_2_3.14.19.jpg


Tank_3.14.19.jpg
 
They are feeding tentacles most likely, a couple may be what I call sweepers and sting other corals around it. But from the picture they just looked like feeder tentacles...it’s happy
 
Yup. Feeding tentacles. It's hungry, give it some food. :)

I'm jealous of your ratio of coralline growth to ugly algae growth BTW.
 
+1 on feeders.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new