Help ID cause of death

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Wrasse went MIA about a month ago and today it resurfaced and it did not look good. Was unable to maintain its balance and was lethargic. It had red discoloration on his body and a few spots that look like sores. This is a hybrid FOWLR (some inverts+eels) and no other fish are affected,Tangs, triggers, puffer, angels, foxface are all full colored and eating. Water parameters are good. Temp 78, ammonia 0, nitrate 10, ORP 400, kh 7.2, ph 8.2. He died after put him into the hospital tank, so just looking for an answer.

Thanks

IMG_1876.jpeg IMG_1875.jpeg IMG_1874.jpeg IMG_1873.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My Wrasse went MIA about a month ago and today it resurfaced and it did not look good. Was unable to maintain its balance and was lethargic. It had red discoloration on his body and a few spots that look like sores. This is a hybrid FOWLR (some inverts+eels) and no other fish are affected,Tangs, triggers, puffer, angels, foxface are all full colored and eating. Water parameters are good. Temp 78, ammonia 0, nitrate 10, ORP 400, kh 7.2, ph 8.2. He died after put him into the hospital tank, so just looking for an answer.

Thanks

IMG_1876.jpeg IMG_1875.jpeg IMG_1874.jpeg IMG_1873.jpeg
These markings are from injury, or aggression. Question then is, what else is/was in the tank with it and have you noticed any aggression? Appears to be from either diving into rocks or even bite marks which clowns for one would do

OP
OP
timry2

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the replies, Probably the triggers, they would chase him away but never seemed extreme. I keep the paired clowns in the reef tank. Believe it or not i have a royal gamma that shares a cave with the eel. They are 6 years old and trained to accept pellets and krill since babies. They have no interest in fish. Sad but happy it doesn’t appear to be disease or illness. Thanks again

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
thanks for the replies, Probably the triggers, they would chase him away but never seemed extreme. I keep the paired clowns in the reef tank. Believe it or not i have a royal gamma that shares a cave with the eel. They are 6 years old and trained to accept pellets and krill since babies. They have no interest in fish. Sad but happy it doesn’t appear to be disease or illness. Thanks again
As I often suggest, est way often to find out who the culprit is, is to set your phone on video mode for 20-30 mins, feed the tank and walk away ( you MUST walk away) as the fish know youre there. Often the aggressor will be more aggressive at feeding. Come back and review video and you may find who it is

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back