Help ID Clownfish ailments

OnyxPerc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R!

Last night I got home from work and my clowns (currently in QT for 2 weeks) looked normal. After feeding (they both ate a ton like usual) the female started losing some coloration on her head and down her back/dorsal fin all the way to her tail. The tail also developed a large white spot/patch. This all happened within 20 minutes of feeding. This morning she does look a little better, but there are still signs of discoloration.

The clowns have been through a round of Prazi, and the QT is currently running CP @ a dose of 50mg/gal.

Can anyone help me ID what this is? YouTube link is posted below. I'm think this is bacterial and should maybe treat with kanaplex or something along those lines, but would love confirmation.

Thank you!

#REEFSQUAD

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be an infection, copper greatly suppresses the immune system. Is anyone else in qt with them? Or have you observed them fighting at all?

OP
OP
OnyxPerc

OnyxPerc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be an infection, copper greatly suppresses the immune system. Is anyone else in qt with them? Or have you observed them fighting at all?

Hi, thanks for the reply. There is no copper in the QT only CP. The clowns are the only two fish in QT. They were not paired, so there has been a little bit of aggression while they sex, but the one in question has been the larger/dominant one the entire time. She pokes at the other one and he immediately starts twitching to signal that he submits and then she stops right away.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.0%
Back