Help Id my algea / weird worms. Microscope pics / video

  • Thread starter Thread starter Erabe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Erabe

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
17
Location
Johannesburg
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, first post, new to R2R, but been lurking for a while :)

I need help identifying these, the first pic I think is GHA and diatoms, not sure if dinos though. The video shows some fast moving worms at the end of the video. No idea what they are and Google ain't helping. I did search on here as well. But nothing I find looks like this. I've had most of this since the tank first cycled, except the worms, and have added a conch that keeps my sand spotless, but my trochus/turbo snails don't seem interested and Blenjamin Franklin over there doesn't either.

Tank is 6 months old, parameters stable, Phos @0.1 / Nitrate @20 (so that's all I can think is a bit unbalanced) Salifert / API.

Thank you for any replies!

1000098604.jpg




IMG_20260218_152615686.jpg
 
Looks like diatoms and possibly some kind of nematode.
 
Looks like diatoms and possibly some kind of nematode.
Was also thinking nematodes, can't believe there's no hard video evidence of them on the web that I can find, just want to make sure not harming anything. So thanks for the nudge! The LMB has since started grazing on the rocks, which I'm taking as a sign there's nothing toxic in the mix. But I'm new, so who knows. Thanks again GSP!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new