Help! ID needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter c0mfylove
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

c0mfylove

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2013
Messages
18
Reaction score
4
Location
Iowa
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sunny d that wasn't looking so hot, and so I decided to fresh water dip it and see what would happen, and these little guys ended up falling off. So I took a couple of my other frags and then did a reef dip on them and I saw some more, mostly I saw them crawling on the actual frag itself, not the zoas, but does anyone know what these are? I'm afraid they're what might be "eating" my sunny d, because when I dipped that one the most fell off that frag.

& ignore the dish lol... but there's the big one at the top of the dish, then all those little ones too. Those were ALL on the sunny d, because I dipped the others in a bucket with reef dip. They kinda have snail like bottoms but they don't look like snails... and I tried to google it with hitchhiker id guides and stuff and I can't find anything that looks like them.
 

Attachments

  • IMAG1589.jpg
    IMAG1589.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 105
Sort of hard to tell with the pic (I know how big of a PITA it is to get pics os tiny stuff), but from your description possibly limpets.

And the dish is well suited..it has a mermaid on it..lol
 
The big one looks a bit like a chiton, which are usually fine to have. But it is really hard to tell.
 
I don't think it's either lol. We have chitons we bought in the other tank we have and they don't look anything like those. And limpets have a more triangular shell from what I've researched, and we also have those in the tank.

I really would like to think they are not bad, but until I know what they are it's hard to know :( We dip all our new corals before putting them in the tank so it wouldn't make sense as to something bad being in there, but I know things can happen. I have found a couple nudibranches in there before, the bright orange ones, and gotten them out as soon as I saw them.

But then if those AREN'T bad things, I have no idea what is getting at my sunny d's!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new