Help ID on tuxedo urchin

CasualReefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this white fuzz stuff located around the mouth of my urchin? Should I worry???
20180507_141543.jpg
 
Keep an eye on it. But I wouldn’t worry.

Usual signs of sick urchin is dropped or flattened spines I belive.
 
Did you see it develop? Is the urchins mouth still moving? Is he moving around the aquarium like normal?
 
It just showed up the other day. I've only had the urchin for about 3 weeks. The first 2 weeks he was going crazy eating algea. The last week he has just been chilling upsidedown on that rock. Hasn't moved all that much. I think he has eaten a little, but I can't really tell.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new